- The Art of Paper Folding at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve.
Walks in wild places
- Free guided nature walk at Pasir Ris with Grant Pereira.
- HortPark Butterfly Garden guided tour
- Mangrove walk at Sungei Buloh on Saturday and Sunday with special mandarin guided walk.
- Guided walk at the Fort Canning Spice Garden.
Talks this week
- 30 Oct (Sat): "Discovering Native Plants at your Doorstep!"
- 30 Oct (Sat): "What's on the caterpillar and butterflyi's menu?"
For Nature Society (Singapore) members only
Registration now open
- 27 Nov (Sat): Young Naturalists Passport Camp at Sungei Buloh
- 27 Nov (Sat): Arboretum Workshop for kids with Cicada Tree Eco Place
- 27 Nov (Sat): Talk on "Butterfly Appreciation for Photographers"
Highlights of Singapore nature news
- Oil palm plantation fires driving air pollution in Singapore from Mongabay.com news
- Biodiversity and cities Straits Times 25 Oct 10;
- New-look science journal aims to draw Singapore public Ben Nadarajan Straits Times 23 Oct 10;
- NParks to educate public on people-monkey co-existence Monica Kotwani Channel NewsAsia 20 Oct 10;
- Yikes, snakes in the heartland my paper AsiaOne 20 Oct 10;
- Singapore to go 'green', with or without global agreement: Dr Yaacob Esther Ng Today Online 19 Oct 10;
Highlights of Singapore nature blogs
- Last Week's Reef Survey @ Big Sister Island from colourful clouds
- Maiden Flight - Butterflies of Singapore from Butterflies of Singapore
- Wallace Trail @ Dairy Farm Park from Beauty of Fauna and Flora in Nature
- Foraging Pied Fantails from Bird Ecology Study Group
- This diminutive bird keeps us coming back for more from Life's Indulgences
- Love Letters To Earth from AsiaIsGreen
- "Worst coral die-off seen since 1998" due to coral bleaching from wild shores of singapore